Saturday 23 December 2017

Christmas decorations and cats


With Christmas almost upon us, I thought I 'd share some of our decorations for the holiday.

This is the beat up lid of an old Blue Bird Toffee Tin from England that I found several years ago that I find so charming with its red thatched roofed cottages and blacksmith scene.

A cousin of mine gave me first dibs on a blind pick from a bag of gifts she'd brought to one of our family parties. I picked this old embroidered lion that is probably from India I think.
And yes, we decided to get an artificial tree a few years ago.

Every year there is always something that captures my imagination. Last year it was this tin house...

and this one.

Oh, and I also got a set of paper ornaments from India.
This old glass ornament was a secondhand store coup.

This red glass ornament came in the same package as the blue one.
And there's another tin ornament, shaped like a tag, that I got last year, inscribed with an old Deco style script that I love so much.

Quite a while back I found this glass Santa Bear ornament.

There's Muji at my feet watching every move that I make.

This is the only ornament I was tempted to get this year.
It actually does say Reindeer food. Very Cute.

Another of the old glass ornaments. I was tickled to get the original packaging too.

Two Cats and a Shoe.
Babu and Muji awake in the morning. A rare sight.
I must pass a gauntlet of cats to colour correct these photos.

Keeping it light.
Remembering the Peace, Love and Joy that is the Christmas message
today and all days.




2 comments:

Bill and dogs said...

Lovely photos, creating a perfect setting for Christmas Eve.

Enchanted Blue Planet said...

Thank you Bill. Your companionship throughout this year's blogging has been more encouraging than you might know. Thank you!! and a happy Christmas holiday to you and yours.

Post a Comment